Boom. How cool is that I got nominated for an award! Thanks very much to cup of tea with that book, please for nominating me. I often find it really weird that there are people out there reading my little corner of the internet so this is an amazing surprise and has really inspired me to keep blogging.
So in case you don’t know here are the rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Pretty straight forward really. But then I started thinking about who I would want to nominate. A quick bit of searching and I found that almost everyone I had thought of had already been nominated, sometimes even more than once! Seeing as I am still kind of new here I didn’t want to pester anyone a lot more established than me. So I have come up with a plan. Rather than nominate the blogs I follow now, I am going to save my nominations for when I discover a new blog, perhaps one that is just starting out and would be really encouraged by getting the award.
I have no issues with the 7 facts bit so here we go:
7 Facts about Bernie and Books:
- I am currently at drama school in London studying Costume Production. That means I make clothes that people wear in the theatre, from budgeting and fabric buying to washing them between shows.
- I love rabbits. My current life goal is to own a house rabbit.
- I am wheat-intolerant which makes eating out a roller-coaster ride of “am I going to poop my pants?” (so far this has always been avoid but the struggle is real).
- My New Year’s Resolution for 2015 was to reduce my carbon footprint and have been transitioning to a “Zero Waste” lifestyle. (Side note, this is incredibly hard, much more than I expected and requires much more, time, energy and money than I actually have.)
- I am a big Star Wars fan.
- Beside reading, my other main hobby is knitting for charity and have sent garments all over the word including to refugees in Syria.
- My love of reading stems from a period of my life when I was devastatingly ill with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I was so ill I lost my ability to read completely. That was 4 years ago now and although I will never recover from the Chronic Fatigue I now have the comfort of books again.
So there we have it. You know a little bit more about me. I would love it if you could comment with some facts about yourselves lovely readers so that I can get to know you a bit better as well. In the mean time I have just finished Brave New World by Aldous Huxley so I should probably write a review.
All the best, Claudia x